Friday, March 13, 2009

Yesterday I saw a dream

Yesterday I saw a dream
It was a gory scene
Nothing in it was serene
My memoir of it, still clean

My mom also used to have these
There was nothing to appease
It even made her freeze
Same dream, every night to tease

I was cold & numb
It made me feel crippled & crumb
Please don’t think that I am dumb
You can sense the chill on my thumb

I had a goose bump
In my throat a big lump
My heart going thump-thump
It was my worst slump

It gave me a shiver
My temperature rose
As if I had fever
I lost my nerve with a jitter

I wanted to grasp onto something
To come out of the vicious ring
But, all I could do was to crack & cringe
My body completely jinxed

Dream was about the Exam Time
My hands full of grime
I knowing not a word
Pen looking like a sword

The questions are the simplest
& I have studied only 30 percent
How will I pass?
Knowing just a pinch out of the vast

Frenzy continues for 5 minutes
I am desperate & distressed
All hope lost
Things gone for a toss

I running pillar to post
Knowing not what to do
Looking for ways to clear the paper
But can’t think of a way, out of this mouse trap

Fear rises till the threshold
Till my mind gets a jolt
My eyes split wide open
& with them opens the big illusion bolt

I wake up
& recollect the dream
Ohhh !! Not the dream
But the nightmarish scream….

No comments:

Post a Comment