Thursday, March 5, 2009

I am Alive but my Soul is Dead

I am Alive but my Soul is Dead....
I am not living just surviving....
I am battling to keep breathing,
whileas my heart is smoldering....
I remember the frenzy atop mosque megaphones....
The sound of the Guns & Bombs
still raging in my ears....
The Blood stained Roads.....
The Closed Schools.....
My brethren Killed....
Freedom Snatched.....
My Childhood Snatched....
My Land Snatched.....
Women raped....
Men killed...
Even children were not spared...
Temples destroyed .....
Houses burnt....

I was all of 10 years, when turmoil in the valley engulfed the valley. I could hear the azaan from the mosque all night long, commanding Kashmiri Pandits & all Hindus to flee from Kashmir. "Nalay Taqdeer, Allah Hu Akbar". Till date I don't know what it means, & this formed the crust of the bloodshed by the terrorists in the valley. Noise of Cross fire or a Bomb Blast had become a common thing in the markets, roads, buses & any public places. Temples were razed down, houses were burnt.

No comments:

Post a Comment