Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Monday Blues - ehhh

It was Monday and the office was opening after 4 days. The drive to office was comfortable, lesser traffic, probably people were still vacationing. I reached office at 11:30 a.m. In the elevator there was this office boy with a post it note stuck to his Id badge. I pointed to it and asked him, what it was? He smiled back at me and said that it's his “To Do” list for the day; setting up computers for new employees, replacing water bottles and delivering couriers. For once I was amazed with his dedication. He had his day well planned, in advance. As I exited the elevator, I smiled at him and bid him bye.

I thought to myself, my work is much more interesting than his, and yet we are so demotivated; especially when we walk into office on Mondays. We even term it as “Monday Blues”. I said to myself, let me go in and work dedicatedly today. There was a huge surge of enthusiasm in me. I went to my desk and put up my own “To Do” list for the day. Believe me, it was a gratifying day.

The day couldn’t have started better, and it couldn't have ended better. Yay

No comments:

Post a Comment