Friday, January 2, 2015

Small things make up for a happy life

As a kid painting never interested me, except for those Science classes’ diagrams. Science class drawings were more of a compulsion than a choice. The Art teacher had asked us to bring Wax crayons, for making posters, for the School’s annual day. I took 10 Rs from my mom, and went to the market to buy the crayons. I asked the shopkeeper for the Crayons, and he handed over a pack to me, which read; “Maximum Retail Price Rs 10”. The shopkeeper, however, asked for 4 Rs, which I paid to him. I thought to myself that the shop keeper asked for 4 Rs by mistake, instead of asking for 10 Rs. Anyways, I was happy to get the crayons at a throw away price.

Having stuck a good deal, I thought of expending rest of the money. So, I went to the Gajak cart nearby (Gajak is a dry sweet made with groundnut and jiggery). I got a lot of Gajak for 6 Rs. This was my lucky day! I ate the Gajak to my contentment, and the best part was that, I didn't have to share it with anyone.
As a kid these small things gave so much happiness, that can’t be bought back with all the riches of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment