Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Discourteous She, Vindictive Me

Somewhere in the middle of the Bangalore-Pune highway the Volvo bus broke down; 1.4 crore worth beast wouldn't even lurch an inch forward ‘what a waste’!! The driver began his tear down & reengineering process to troubleshoot the problem. We were stranded in No Man's Land. There is this girl standing next to me, wearing a UNESCO logo T-Shirt (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization)

Me : Hi, Do you work for the United Nations?
She : Ohhh No, its a friend who works for the UN, & she gave me this T-Shirt
Me: So, what do you do?
She : I am a Software Rookie!
Me : Not intriguing at all, me too. Its boring working in the IT; doing the same copy paste...

She raised her brow, looking skeptically at me; maybe because of my satirical little talk. She acknowledged what I said & stood there for a flash second. Soon she started walking without a notice, to the tea stall across the road. She didn't even have the courtesy to ask me.
It was embarrassing, but I thought maybe her mental condition isn't sound !!

The engine problem was fixed & she took a seat adjacent to mine. But me hurt from her earlier act of discourtesy; plugged my earphones & deprived her of all conversation; that could have started (predictive vindictive scorpion-me). She killed the urge in me to talk to her.
At times she would look at me on the verge of starting a conversation; but I had lost all interest by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment