Wednesday, May 13, 2009

When rain drenched the Soul

I think it's gonna rainImage by nyki_m via Flickr



Clock had stuck 6 pm, & happy time for the rookies to go home. Suddenly the Sun was shadowed by dark dense clouds, & soon the sky was filled with blitzkrieg. The wind started to blow & the temperature had dipped considerably. Next 15 minutes the Nature’s fury was evident with the heavy lightening & thundering. It was deafening, but not of the same intensity, as the power house at my home. It was a golden opportunity to electrocute and bake your chicken, with the thunder storm. Jokes apart it had become pretty dark but pleasant.
Soon droplets of water started accumulating on the glass panes of the office building. I packed my stuff, & rushed towards the door. I wanted to reach home before the drizzle became a down pour. Marching on my feet, I had become partially wet. The people were running helter-skelter for shelter. In a few moments the rain started to get heavier, & I was completely drenched now.

Water started dripping out of my hair, & I was fastening on my foot, now starting to run. My pace had risen, & so had my breathing. I didn’t know where I was planting my foot, while running. It was as if someone was after my bloody life. Alas!! My foot slipped & the cakewalk had come to a stall. I fell on both my hands on the muddy water. My clothes had gone for a toss, now with mud smeared all over. I stood up, looking for the soiled clothes, & if I had any bruises. None! I thought that now it was no point running back home or trying to catch a taxi back home. Rain was beating hard on my skull, as I trying to play Tabla (musical instrument). I gasped my breath, & controlled the random breathing due to running. I stood there as if the whole world had come to a stand still. the rain drops tried desperately to drench me. But I was already drenched, even the entire sea couldn't drench me anymore. The rain drenched the soil, & the effervescent smell starting arousing out of the Sun baked soil. The smell was so pleasing, that it filled up all the senses.

Clipping all the strings attached, I let myself loose. It was only in school days or college days that, I used to enjoy getting drenched in the rain. Those were different times, but these are different times. But I thought that what had changed, it was the same me, it was the same rain. It was my mind that was blocking me from getting drenched. I told my brain to hush up, & go to sleep. The sound of the rain drops falling all over was like a zillion musicians playing chorus. My feet started to get into the trance, & so did my complete body. Dancing in the rain has its own fun & frolic. It started to wash off all my worries, anxieties, and sorrows. It rejuvenated my soul. I was feeling like thumping & pumping in the potholes filled with water, splashing it in all directions. The Vehicles just passed me by. Other Passerby’s giving me strange stares. Probably my attire, & wasn't mixing well with what I was doing. But little did I care, as I was deeply engrossed in letting myself loose. My clothes clung onto my body. I hadn't even given a thought to my cell phone, which would be the first gadget to get short circuited. I didn’t care about the currency in my wallet. I just had two waterproof things, my epidermal tissue & my Casio Chronograph. But who gave a damn what was waterproof & what wasn't. My arms opened wide towards the sky, welcoming the clouds. It was an invitation to let the clouds drip & gush some water through me & my soul. I realized God gave us arms, to welcome the things with warmth. But with the hectic, monotonous & the vicious life, we had forgotten about the protocol, the warmth & the passion. We had become more of androids, following the same regimen over & over, with little emotional intelligence left.

Both my Shin & skin were wet, but it didn’t give me shivers. It was cleansing all the soot & the dust in my heart, mind & the soul. It just made me more serene & cleaner. It was a complete transformation, a metamorphosis. Somewhere deep, I had got disconnected from my inner roots, my soul, & today the clouds had watered my roots, bringing them back to life. I decided, not to let my soul wither to death, for lack of the life giving water. The kids nearby just wanted a catalyst to jump into the potholes & the stagnated water on the roads. I was their stimulant. Soon the roads turned into a water bed. But the water would recede in some time. I stood there wondering if the feelings would recede too. Or they will stay in my heart, my mind, my soul & my life?

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment